Update your Business Plan - Read over your business plan and update it with relevant changes that will show the growth you experienced in the previous year. Whether you earned the money you hoped to or fell slightly short. Take some time to review last years financial records and rewrite those parts of your business plan that need a fresh new perspective and a new plan of action.
- Dream Bigger - Take timer to dream bigger than you did last year. Set a new financial goal and write down all the ways that you plan to work toward achieving that goal. Whether it be through a Crowdfunding Campaign or a new product. Take the time to write down every possible aspect of the process. Step by step walking it through in your mind and putting in on paper.
- Visualize it - Visualize the success of your business. What does it look like in 2017? What has changed and how can you use this to your advantage? Decide if you need to make some changes to your product line or the actual presentation of your product(s). If you were not as successful as you wanted to be last year, you'll want to identify why. Once you have identified why, you will want to come up with new steps to help you get back on track and ways that will help you to stay on track. You may want to consider getting a mentor and coach to help you maintain the momentum. Having a mentor will help you become accountable to another person who has your best interests at heart. Someone you can respect and someone who believes in your success.
- Website Polls - Consider providing a Poll for visitors to your website or webstore. Do they like the packaging? Do they think its attractive? What do they think of your products? You'll want to find out what brought them to your website and what they thought of your presentation. Once you have that information, then you'll be able to revisit the packaging and look of each of your products. Taking into consideration what your clientele said, you'll then want to do some research and come up with a plan to maximize your sales using the information you received from visitors to your website.
- Social Media - Find out what the latest trends are on Social Media and use them to your advantage. If your not using Facebook as an online store, do some research and figure out if its worth considering. There are several more Social Media platforms that you really should be using, Take the time to seek out as many Social Media outlets as you can. Now, on the other hand, if your spending way to much time on Social Media and find yourself doing personal things while your suppose to be conducting business, you may need to dial your presence back from certain Media Outlets. Remember that what ever you do on Social Media, can be seen around the world. Your reputation is on the line so make sure you always keep it professional.
- Prepare yourself for Change - Prepare yourself now for the changes of the new year. Not only is it a new year, but you have more experience in business than you did last year. If you got out there and met your customers than you know more people than you did last year. If you went to networking events you may have met someone who will play a significant roll in your life and business this year. If non of these things happened your life should change this year because you are going to incorporate these steps into your business life and network in 2017. You should have learned something from the way you did business last year that will help you become closer to your successful vision this year.
- Fine Tune it - If its already working you may not need to make any major changes. However, you may want to may a few minor changes. Consider changing website colors during the holidays throughout the year. Consider making a few subtle changes to your website to freshen it up to your returning visitors. You don't want to have anything that looks stagnant. Refresh it and perk it up if you have to. But do take a fresh new look at your website, your blog, your business cards and your online Ads to make sure it doesn't look outdated year after year.
- Step out of your comfort zone - Go on step out on a limb and do something you've always wanted to do in your business. Whether its create a new piece that comes from your imagination or do a retroactive piece with a twist. Do something that makes you feel happy and fulfilled. After all we are in business because we believe in ourselves and hope that we can make a difference in the lives of those in the world around us.
- Build your Business Reputation - Its going to be a new year. Look at it as a new beginning for your business. A chance to make a new start with new surprises and new opportunities. Think about joining a few different Networking websites to get the word out. Linked In is a network where you can get great feedback from potential clients and also make business connections. In the African American Community you may want to take a look at the Black Business Network. I'm going to assume you already had a Youtube Acct. as well as a Facebook page. If not, your definitely out of the loop and its time to get signed up today. Remember that part of building your reputation is being able to get out there and sell yourself. Be it on a Youtube video or in a Twitter feed, you'll want to be sure your consistent with your web presence and always be honest with your audience. Consider telling the story of why you started your business and use that leverage to reach into a niche market. Be persistent when reaching for your goals and be sure you portray a sense of trustworthiness. We all want and need to feel a certain amount of honesty as consumers. We can in no way fail our clientele by being less than honest or having anyone question our integrity.
- Get Rest Not Stressed - Yes, number 10 on the list is about getting enough rest so that you have a rejuvenated body and a refreshed mind so that you can run your business at the highest level. Its important to get a full nights rest so that you are able to think clearly and concisely and make well thought out decisions. We've all seen the reports, so why not get the rest we need? Consider joining the Gym and increasing that heart rate. If your working outside of the home you may be able to take advantage of a discount from a local gym. If you can't afford to join a gym, you can walk around your neighborhood for free. Consider walking during the early morning or early evening. Not only does walking lower your blood pressure, it will also relax you, help with digestion and burn body fat. Those are all good things right? There are so many things you can do to reduce your stress. Take a much needed vacation, get yourself a pet or take a dance class. These are all really good things we can do to have a well balanced life.
I'm sure you can think of many more steps to help you grow your business in 2017. We just wanted to give you a few tips to get those wheels moving around in your head. We are very excited about the coming new year and can't wait to see how successful you become.
If you have a tip for 2017 that can help motivate other Bwahms, feel free to leave a comment and let us know.